Thursday, August 16, 2007

In other news, I have blue fingernails.

Oh man, you know what'd be great? If someone other than me blogged! I keep mentioning it, I keep hold of my hopes. But srsly, Dogblog has updated more recently than some of you. And that guy was on hiatus for like six months. I'll also have you know, some of you, who I shan't namerise, and therefore leave you all in fear of my vague and ineffective wrath, that I've recently deleted some of you from my bookmarks! You just suck THAT MUCH.

So! In the space of last entry and this one, I've got a new job, and applied for about a million more. I'm a childcare worker! At a daycare centre! Terrifying, no? Check your children carefully when they come home. Baby-blood is the freshest.

But yeah, it's pretty great. I worked my longest shift ever today, and reflected halfway through that it didn't feel like numerous hours had passed, and it *really* didn't feel like work. I guess that's 'cause it's not really. I'm not entering data, or programming uh.. robots. Or working with thousands of dollars. What I AM working with though, is our FUTURE. I'm led to believe. Though frankly I hope they get a little more education before that comes around. Seriously, they can't even put jackets on.

But yeah, it's pretty great! The pay is a lot better than I was getting as a nanny, though that's mostly my fault, and due to my lack of experience, and I basically spent my first hour today patting toddler's backs to lull them into sleep. I dunno if the hot jazz was meant to help though, but that's not my decision. Still it's a far cry from cleaning week-old urine off bathroom floors and fixing cracks in walls.

Anyway, they aren't giving me enough hours. Hence the applying for another million jobs. I'm moving to Perth, y'see! Finally, the dream becomes a reality. Assuming I can get some cash. Which I totally can. So it's a reality, see.

Man. I was kind of hoping this other nanny woman was gonna call in the morning. 'Cause she didn't call tonight like she was meant to y'see. But it's like 2am now, and I don't know if I want her to! Dumb bitch. Why didn't she just call tonight like she was meant to!

Also, job-hunting is hard. TOO HARD.

Gee Jess, do you wanna talk about work a little more, maybe? I dunno!

I'm just stressing out about it a lot lately! Sorry! This is therapy as well as entertainment dammit.

Coupled with the fact that basically all attempts at sociability lately have been foiled like so many leftovers, you can pretty much read 'stressing out' as 'freaking the fuck out' and I really need to get out somewhere where I can make 8 sex jokes a minute, and swear like a sailor with Tourettes while I'm doing it. So y'know, not home and not work. I'm looking at you, Sydney-ites.

Though y'know, if anyone who ISN'T in Sydney wants to make their way here and hang out with me, I'd be up for that too. Please God, just someone save me.

In other news, I have blue fingernails.

Don't worry, they were painted that way. It's not frostbite or something. It hasn't been THAT cold. Oh-ho! Oh, shut up.

Turns out blue fingernails don't taste so good! Kind of like nailpolish.

It's minute-by-minute updates in Jesstown!

I should call my blog "Jesstown". That'd really make those constant references to Jesstown a lot clearer.

Okay, when I start posting a series of one-liners, I think we both know it's time to quit while I'm ahead. I dunno, maybe I'll do a better post later. Or maybe I won't. We live on the edge, here in Jesstown. And you better keep up, lest we throw you over. Which will be a lot harder to do, seeing we'll have to slow down to get you, and also, that phrase never made any mention of speed, so maybe I'm reading too much into it. But yeah. Edges! You better watch yourself.

Done any meth lately?

5 comments:

The Great Unwashed said...

You should call your blog Jesstown! I'd read it, only I'd feel like I'd entered some sort of mystical sovereign land. Where the mayor is this totally hot chick I know. I mean, totally.

I'll update my blog soon, I promise. Don't delete me. Oh God.

Anonymous said...

Oh man, you could totally have a theme song too!

Come along with us!
come along to Jess Town!
Fun times are a must
In jessss towwwwwnnnn!

(Also I have updated my blog)

-Felix-

Unknown said...

I haven't updated jack! I'm not fixin' to anytime soon either, 'cos there's a revolution on baby and I don't care who gets hurt. Also, I have not done meth recently. The two are not related that I know of. Next time I freebase I promise blog related malarkey.

Anonymous said...

all i really read out of that was like:

blah blah blah blog blah blah 8 sex jokes a minute blah blah blah fingernails taste like nailpolish.

bloging would mean that u'know writing and thats too much work for dear old me.

8 sex jokes a minute?...ready.
GO!..............................
yep that was awesome! u should have totally been here it was great!

ok, one more, fingernails taste like nailpolish. nope! mine tastle like fingernails.
Also 1000 points to felix for the theme song!
now its Debari Certified!!!!!

there a long message...id say counts as a mini blog, oh man i win, no jess related wrath for me! :D

Sonictail said...

what is it about people in sydney and bad taste jokes? in certain crowds we get it here.. god I dunno ---