Monday, October 01, 2007

The Federation are dirty Communists

Alright, alright, alright.

I WAS going to start getting shite ready for my move in just over a month. But apparently everyone wants me to blog! Which is fine, I sure like being missed. But you'll regret it when you hear that I haven't blogged in forever 'cause I've been sick and in bed for the last 3 or 4 weeks. But I'll do it now that I've been un-shaped, and using the internet isn't a tedious chore to be avoided at all costs, due to the slowness of dial-up. Yep. Sucks to be me.

A few months ago, during my last stay at the Lady Timlington residence, there was a strain of flu going around now known as the Influenza Apocalyptica. Lotsa people just real sick, and I was among them, resulting in the short stay in the hospital which I may or may not have blogged about. Anyway, I never really got over that! I was coughing and sniffling for months after that. So when I went to the doctor about other things, I also brought up the fact that I just wanted to shake this cold/flu thing forever. So she put me on a weeks worth of antibiotics, and sent me on my merry way. That was a Tuesday. The following Tuesday, after the full course, I was feeling somewhat better, not entirely, but enough. The Thursday of the same week, yes, two days after I'd finished the antibiotics, I start coughing up my lungs and my nose is full of terrifying shite and my head wants to asplode and I want to be sick everywhere.

Thank you doctor!

So yeah, that was a few weeks ago now, and I'm only recently at the stage where I can actually go out or y'know, spend most of my day out of bed. I had to come home from work the other day 'cause I literally felt on the verge of collapse.

The weird thing is, is that I hear a couple of people on the Westside who were sick at the same time as I was, are getting their flu thing back as well, again, at the same time. Which, I dunno, must suggest its something about the virus or bacteria that it makes a reappearance after several months or something? I dunno, it could also be a huge coincidence.

But I don't believe in coincidences.

In other news, the deadline for my move grows ever closer, with D-Day being only slightly more than a month away. However, due to the aforementioned sickness issues, working and other commitments, and sheer laziness I haven't made a dent on the To-Do list I need to complete in this month. Which is starting to worry me slightly. But I also know that I tend to work under pressure, and that this is something that I want a LOT, so I'm sure I can push myself to do it.

It just seems like such an enormous mountain to scratch and claw away at, and it's my fingernails falling apart, not the indefatigable peak.

I think I might've used that word incorrectly. But I've always wanted to use it in a sentence, so it's staying.

Also, karaoke!

Me and my homeboys and girls went into Town this most recent Friday night, for some karaoke hijinks! These hijinks also included Starbucks coffee and EasyWay/bubble tea (depending on what side of the continent you're on). Also, sitting in McDonalds and looking at the cunningly contrived penises made from discarded chip packets that had been strewn about in various lights.

Greg thought they were hammers. Heh.

Sorry, Frets on Fire break. I had to play Push Push (Lady Lightning).

In other other news, I might be getting an insulin pump! Which is pretty great, because I'm possibly the worlds worst diabetic. And also, private health insurance pays the whole damn thing! Wheee! That's upwards of $8000. Wheee! 'Course, it also means I'll be a step closer to being Borg than ever before. But whatever. As long as I don't go blind.

I guess they probably have Borg inplants for that as well. But I'm not ready to get assimilated yet.

Tim pointed out to me last night, that the Federation are like, the hugest bunch of dirty Communists ever. I had never thought of that! It's also shocking that Tim knew more about Star Trek than I did, considering he's hardly/hasn't watched any. I guess I just wasn't paying attention in First Contact.

Anyway! Communists.

In otter news, otters are cute.

I'm re-reading Lord of the Rings at the moment. Anyone that's been near me in the last week will know this already. Because I'm enjoying it SO THOROUGHLY that everyone I talk to has to sit through a neverending stream of me singing it's praises.

This is only surprising to me because when I read it as a younger nerd, I found it pretty boring, and I tending to just skip to the bits with dialogue so that I had a vague idea what was going on, without having to try and decipher the thousands of pages of history and lore. But this time! Having watched the movies many a time, so the plot is fairly well known to me now, the bits of history and lore, and the parts that differ from the movies are the far more interesting. The history especially. So much so in fact, that I'm thinking of having another crack at the Silmarillion. I'm not sure I'm ready for that, but I'm willing to give it a go, quite frankly. 'Cause I just want to know everything about this world. Everything! And he hints at so much stuff that's never explained in the book, as if it's common knowledge. And dammit, I WANT it to be.

Anyway, I think I've procrastinated long enough. It's time to get packing and what-forth (thank you, Tom).

There, you can all stop flaming me now!

4 comments:

The Great Unwashed said...

Oh Greg! So un-penis...like. With your penis-mental-blanks. Good on yer. Sorry about making you sick again! I blame someone else, as is my way. Probably that guy. Nobody likes that guy.

No harm in being the Borg! I think the Borg are definitely the coolest thing in Star Trek. They're the only race to take advantage of the fact that ships in space don't need to be aerodynamic! Which is totally awesome. So yeah, assimilate me. I'm ready.

James said...

He does that.

He stayed over my house once the night before my birthday when he was sick. When I woke up in the brave new world of thirteendom I was dying, that's right DYING, from the flu. I couldn't even eat my birthday cake.

I still haven't forgiven him.

Also, the Federation are the good guys, right? Like Shatner? Is Shatner a commie?

Unknown said...

WEEEEEEEEE! Michael if you read this... i yelled at Jess to update her blog only to find out... SHE UPDATED IT YESTERDAY! wtf! seriously!!

anyways!

YAY! Stop getting sick goddamit Jess! I need you healthy and ready to party for your move to perth!!
I guess as long as ur fingers and eyes are working we can rawk out to GH and SingStar ^_^ but these things without dancing around like sexy sexy retards hardly seem as awsome :P

Also whats a... insulin pump?
It sounds scarey :S

<3 sah

M said...

The Silmarillion. I tried so hard. Didn't get past page 20. :S And they should have left Tom Bombadil in the film.

To the infectious agent in your system: GTFO!!! (This works on occasion.)

(Wishes of good health and good Perth, from NZ-land to you.)