Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Nothing says denial like a blog

When you have many a uni assignment due tomorrow, one blog entry in one day simply isn't enough. Really, I'm actually posting again because I'm stuck on my last image for this stupid portfolio, and I'm trying not to face the truth. And nothing says denial like blogging.

I have been listening to the same songs over and over and over again on my playlist today. Finally I gave in and just made a smaller playlist so it would keep playing those songs. But it's getting SO boring now. I'm so sick of all my music. Aw, bitch bitch bitch.

Speaking of stupid music and wasting technology, my dad went out and bought himself an mp3 player yesterday. Dear lord. Thats like giving a monkey a shotgun. In that he'll get fed up trying to figure out how it works and throw it to the ground in a fit of rage. Ending in tragedy.

I have found the ultimate artist. Music artist that is. The ultimate music guy. And its not Nightwish. Its not System of a Down. Its not even The Offspring. Its this guy:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ayreon

Omg. *Metal* Opera? I hadn't even dreamed the term. I love it. LOVE IT. I really need to get an album. I don't know where I'll do that though. I looked up the Utopia site as well as the JB Hi-Fi site, and JB had MORE albums than Utopia. What the *crap* is that about? Isn't that just kinda putting Utopia out of business? Not that I mind, it was so hard getting into the city for decent metal. Now I just go to Hornsby. That makes me so happy, you have no idea. So happy, and so broke. Guh-ull-ull.

I don't know where I'm going to get this last image. Looking back at previous posts, I'm really tempted to steal one of Tim's toast piccys. Just coz my lecturer would crack up. I don't know what it says about Life though. "Life" with a capital 'L'.

Babies tonight. What a surprise. I don't think I'm going to have children for a very very long time. Oohh! There's some blogging for you. I'll tell you aaaaalll about last Saturday.

Remember I was bitching about not wanting to work the coming Saturday? Well, turns out it was the best damn shift (can I use that term here? I don't know) that I've EVER had. Without either parent there, just a chick my own age, the atmosphere was SO relaxed, we didn't run around trying to do household chores that aren't meant to be part of the job anyway. We just sat around looked after the babies, played with them, and talked, mostly about what a raw deal this other chick was getting. (She works there full time y'see. She's an au pair. Means she lives there. O. M. G. I couldn't do it) It was fantastic. Best shift ever. If I had my choice, I'd always work with her. She's getting such a bad deal, I even gave her my number so she could call me anytime and fume and bitch about this woman. I feel so sorry for her.

I'm really getting into Lacuna Coil lately. I've known about em for ages. But I never really *tried* to get into em. I never downloaded anything or anything. But I'm really into em now. Yay! New music left right and centre. Its making me very happy.

Went to meet Tom and Em for dinner on Mondee night. That was fun, as always. Its weird coming into Macquarie at night. Not unpleasant though. 'Cept that everythings closed wen we get there. So, we end up spending about an hour there. Which seems like I'm not getting value for money there. But its still well fun to see 'em every so often. Coz it seems like its getting rarer since uni started again.

Also, I'm getting closer to Maddie again. I didn't have much to do with her for.. ages there. But Now I'm talking to her on the net again, and visiting her over the back fence a lot. Its nice. I love Maddie. Possibly more than Chris. OOoooOoOoOooo.. I'm hardcore. Chris is working too much. Too too much. Far too much. He should lighten up, and only work ONE job.

Aw man. I have to be at work in THREE hours. And I'm still no closer to my final image. And I guess I better start writing mah little synopses (??) and all. And get em figured out on a page so I can take em to get printed. And aw crap. I forgot to go photocopy some. That shits me. I guess I'll have to do that in the morning. I hate uni. Terrible load that it is HAR HAR HAR.

Ooo, Easter break next week! Roflcopter.

Dear lord, I hate that... word? No. Thing. I hate that thing.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

YAY!!! Go Lacuna Coil!!!
Hmm... I miss maddie... I haven't seen her for a while... I need to get my P's quickly and start driving around :D

Anonymous said...

Good to see theres other aussies discovering the pure brilliance of Ayreon, assuming that you havnt grown off them already, which I find rather impossible:P Rock on \m/